DERMAGRAFT IS PROVEN
TO ACCELERATE HEALING
IN TOUGH DFUs
DERMAGRAFT RCT REQUIRED FOR FDA APPROVAL
Dermagraft healed significantly more patients faster—
even in tough-to-treat wounds.3,4
Percent of patients with
complete healing by 12 weeks
- In a phase 3 multicenter, prospective, randomized, controlled trial, Dermagraft plus conventional therapy resulted in significantly more patients with DFUs greater than 6-weeks duration achieving complete wound closure by week 12 vs conventional therapy alone (30% vs 18%; P=0.023)
- By week 12, the median percent wound closure for the Dermagraft group was 91% compared with 78% for the control group (P=0.044)
wounds were on
the plantar surface
All of the wounds were located on the plantar aspect of the foot and patients were allowed to be ambulatory.4
Patients used extra-depth diabetic footwear with custom inserts or healing sandals.
From daily patient diaries, patients in both the Dermagraft and control groups were on their feet an average of 8 hours a day during the study.
As part of the evaluation of clinical trial adverse events, Dermagraft was shown
to reduce complications, including amputations and bone resections.8
Frequency of patients experiencing
a study ulcer-related amputation or
bone resection at 12 weeks*
and bone resections
of amputations and resections. Data were acquired through
evaluation of clinical trial adverse events.
THE REAL COST OF DFUs
The cost of treating DFUs and DFU complications is high.
in associated costs per year9
end in death10,11
Want to keep up-to-date on Dermagraft?Sign up now
Please refer to the Dermagraft Directions for Use for complete prescribing information.
- Carter MJ, et al. Adv Skin Wound Care. 2009;22(7):316-324.
- Horn S. JAMA. 2006;296(22):2731-2732.
- Dermagraft Directions for Use. Organogenesis Inc; 2015.
- Marston WA, et al. Diabetes Care. 2003;26(6):1701-1705.
- Kraus I, et al. Wounds. 2017;29(5):125-132.
- Sabolinski ML, et al. J Comp Eff Res. 2019;8(14):1229-1238.
- Fitzgerald R, et al. Wound Manag Prev. 2019;65(9):26-34. doi: 10.25270/wmp.2019.9.2634.
- Frykberg R, et al. Adv Skin Wound Care. 2015;28(1):17-20.
- Barshes NR, et al. Diabet Foot Ankle. 2013;4. doi:10.3402/dfa.v4i0.21847.
- Armstrong DG, et al. Int Wound J. 2007;4(4):286-287.
- Moulik PK, et al. Diabetes Care. 2003;26:491-494.
- Rice JB, et al. J Med Econ. 2015;19(8):586-595.